Positive about disabled people
We are committed to employing people with a disability and
- to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the
minimum criteria for a job vacancy, and to consider them on their
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any
time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees, what you
and they can do to make sure they can develop and use their
- to make every effort when employees become disabled, to make
sure they stay in employment.
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the
appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make our
- each year, to review the five commitments and what has been
achieved, to plan ways to improve on them, and let employees and
Job Centre Plus know about progress and future plans.